IT’S SO FUZZY I’M GOING TO DIE!
If you didn’t read that in Agnes’ voice from Despicable Me, allow me to play her clip for you:
So now, you can fully appreciate me when I say: IT’S SO FUZZY I’M GOING TO DIE!
That is exactly the phrase that came out of my mouth when I saw these adorable fuzzy bunnies. There I was, just walking through the spring section, and almost as though the heavens opened up, a shelf full of moss covered bunnies caught my eye.
And OH man, are they cute. And yes, yes I did pet them. Not even embarrassed to say so, because you know you would too! With this most epic find of cuteness, I knew I had to create a spring inspired table with them. They were just too cute to pass up. Here’s a look at what the finished spring table with moss covered bunnies, and my grapevine candle centerpiece looks like:
As with all my 2017 tablescape challenge posts I’ll be sharing exactly where I got everything (and how much it cost!) down below, but I want to share these particular pictures with you, because pretty much everything you see – came from the thrift store. Yup, the thrift store! Even as the sun sets, the table still looks bright and colorful, especially when the candles turn on,
Can’t forget the mention the crazy-eyed squirrel napkin ring:
As you might have imagined, the DIY element in this spring table decor is the centerpiece. I am just loving the use of LED candles in my centerpieces, as you might have noticed. And, as always, I have a tutorial already posted on my YouTube channel walking you through step by step, on how you can recreate this centerpiece for your own home. Make sure you are subscribed so you don’t miss any upcoming tutorials.
Want to know where I found everything used in this adorable spring table decor? Here’s where I got it all:
- Colorful plaid tablecloth – was $2 at my local Salvation Army (was 50% off being the color of the week!)
- Green scalloped edged napkins – a set of 4 was $1 at my local Goodwill (they were 50% off being the color of the week!)
- Yellow cotton place mats – they were .70 cents each from my local Boys and Girls Club thrift store on sale
- Ceramic squirrel napkin rings – – a set of 4 napkin rings was $2 at my local Goodwill (they were 50% off being the color of the week!)
- Moss covered bunnies (larger) – these were on sale at Hobby Lobby for $4.79 each
- Moss covered faux rocks – was on sale at Michael’s for $4.19 per bag (I used one bags worth)
- Moss covered mini bunnies – a set of two was $2.99 at Hobby Lobby
- “Peak a boo” grapevine sphere – was $12 after coupon at Hobby Lobby
- LED candles – had on hand, originally purchased on Amazon
- Ribbon – had on hand
- Green and white ceramic plates – a set of 4 plates was $2 at my local Goodwill (they were 50% off being the color of the week!)
For about $38, with a decent amount of that being put into the grapevine sphere – that’s pretty great for such a detailed and festive tablescape. I really lucked out with finding so many of these matching elements at my local thrift stores. Not to mention how many of them I snagged when they were on sale! Gotta love sales at Goodwill!
As part of my monthly tablescape challenge, I am trying so hard to keep costs manageable. Or, if I can’t, make sure what I’m buying can be used again in another table decor set up. I’ve already begun thinking how I can incorporate some of these elements into future tablescapes. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I’d love to hear them!
Don’t forget to check out the video tutorial on how I created this remarkably simple centerpiece: