Did you know International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September 19? To be honest, I can’t say that I really celebrate it, but I do love all things Pirates of the Caribbean, and that’s as good of a reason I need! This is such a quick and easy centerpiece that you can whip up in no time, and best of all: there are no wrong ways to make it!
This quick and easy centerpiece can be thrown together very quickly. A few materials you may need if you don’t have other items on hand already:
- Clear water gel beads – http://amzn.to/2A9cWgW
- Pirate coins and gems – https://amzn.to/2PP431a
- Floating candles – https://amzn.to/2wrvV2s
- Glass cylinders – https://amzn.to/2Nx25Ru
Abridged tutorial for those who are more text based then video:
- Saturate your gel beads so they are fully formed.
- Layer coins, gems, and gel beads in cylinder until about ¾ of the way full.
- Fill with water, slowly. Make sure to leave a gap at the top to allow for the candle to float and the flame to be protected.
- Scatted extra gems and coins around the base of the cylinder.
For those who enjoy video tutorials, here’s how I do it:
Leave a Reply