I love plaid in Christmas decorations. There are so many different Christmas variations and color combinations to choose, each as lovely as the next. You can only imagine my delight when earlier this year, sometime around mid-summer, I was at the thrift store, like you do – and found a pair of buffalo plaid place mats with silver sparkle accent running through the patter for just a few dollars.
As I’ve created all the different looks during my 2017 tablescape challenge, I’ve realized that while of course it’s easy to make beautiful tablescapes for four or more, sometimes it’s harder to make a table for two that is proportionate and appropriate, and honestly – making it look functional to some degree is hard as well.
As challenging as it can be to create a beautiful tablescape for only two, it is often very rewarding. I don’t have any hard numbers of couples who decorate or don’t decorate their table, or even just do a basic place setting, but I do know Pinterest, and there is not a lot of tables set for two floating around. But I’m happy to add mine into the mix!
Allow me to present to you my thrift store based buffalo plaid table decor with a touch of silver sparkle- a Christmas table for two.
Below I will get into how much everything cost, but can we just appreciate this amazing glitter flatware that I found at the thrift store?
And how about these fantastic little glasses?
Don’t normally see black and silver on a Christmas table too often do we?
So the money part of this tablescape, let’s see how much this silver sparkle buffalo plaid table decor cost to put together:
- Silver glitter floral picks – originally purchased years ago for my wedding brooch bouquet, ended up not using them
- Black gel beads and assorted bottles – reused from my glowing potion tree
- Black votive candle holders – used so many times, including my valentines day table with a goth feel
- Red velvet fabric remnant – picked up at Goodwill for $3
- Glitter silverware set – another Goodwill find, the whole flatware set was only $4
- Pair of buffalo plaid place mats – $2 for both at Goodwill
- Silver glitter chargers – were also only $2 at Goodwill for the pair
- Red plates – also used in my glamorous black and red valentines day table decor
- Black plates – also reused from my glowing potion tree tablescape
- Red napkins – reused from my fancy patriotic ribbon table decor
- Gray glassware – a set of 2 glasses were $2 at Goodwill
What does that make our total for this thrift store based buffalo plaid table decor with a touch of silver sparkle? A solid $13!
I’ve uploaded two videos to walk you through recreating this on your table this holiday season:
Don’t forget to pin these images for future reference, you can never have too many ideas: